Board Certification Application
You will submit the following information via email after you complete your application.
- Documentation of existing CPE Units
- An ecclesiastical endorsement from your recognized Christian denomination. (may be waived if your faith group does not have an endorsing body)
- 2 verbatim case studies that demonstrate your use of active listening and responding skills.
- Evidence of an M.Div. from a Department of Education recognized institution (may be waived at the discretion of the ACCC National Board)
- A theological reflection that demonstrates your thoughts of Chaplaincy or Pastoral Counseling in light of your faith.
- A brief autobiography outlining your journey through your faith.
- If you answered “Yes” to a felony conviction, please provide a full explanation.
Once all documentation has been verified, Chaplain Richard DeFord will work with you to arrange your board-certification interview which is done over teleconference with the National Board. Interviews are always conducted on Mondays at either 11 a.m. EST or 1 p.m. EST. Calls take approximately one hour but can take longer depending on you. Please make sure that you know yourself, your past, your flaws, and your strengths. Be prepared for a role play with the board. Be prepared to articulate your experiences that led you to seek certification.