Board Certification Application
You will submit the following information via email (address provided after submission of your form) after you complete your application.
- Documentation of existing CPE Units (4 required for BCC and BCPC, 2 required for BCAC)
- An ecclesiastical endorsement from your recognized Christian denomination. (may be waived if your faith group does not have an endorsing body)
- 2 verbatim case studies that demonstrate your use of active listening and responding skills.
- Evidence of an M.Div. from a Department of Education recognized institution (may be waived at the discretion of the ACCC National Board)
- A theological reflection that demonstrates your thoughts of Chaplaincy or Pastoral Counseling in light of your faith.
- A brief autobiography outlining your journey through your faith.
- If you answered “Yes” to a felony conviction, please provide a full explanation.
Once all documentation has been verified, Chaplain Richard DeFord will work with you to arrange your board-certification interview which is done over teleconference with the National Board. Interviews are usually conducted on Mondays at 4 p.m. Central Time via Zoom Video Conference. Interviews take approximately one hour but can take longer depending on you. Please make sure that you know yourself, your past, your flaws, and your strengths. Be prepared for a role play with the board. Be prepared to articulate your experiences that led you to seek certification.