The application process is as follows:
1. Visit the application page and enter all required information and make your Board Certification Interview payment (see fee schedule below).
2. Gather the required documentation.
3. Submit the application packet (in bulk) using one of the following methods:
4. Please note, any applicant who sends his or her application after January 1, 2020 will be sent a link to take a 25 question, online core competency test which will require a 70% passing grade as part of the certification process. Results will be added to your application automatically. The test consists of 25 questions from a pool of 50. You can take the test an unlimited number of times, but the questions are randomly chosen from the 50 question pool. Rationale for each answer is given after you answer each question whether you answer correctly or incorrectly.
E-Mail: (preferred method): email@example.com;
USPS: 1600 East 14th Street, Sedalia, MO. 65301
4. Fee Schedule:
-Board Certification Interview Fee: $300.00. Your fee includes membership for the balance of the calendar year.
-Board Certification Application Fee: $100 (this fee will increase to $120 on January 1, 2020 to accommodate our online core competencies exam)
-Annual Membership: $100.00 (January 1 – December 31)
-Dual Board Certification Fee with ACCC: $50 (optional: January 1 – December 31)
-Reinstatement Fee – If your board certification with ACCC expires due to nonpayment (due January 1), you must pay a $35 late fee per year you are expired. Individuals expired for 3 years must reapply for board certification and pay fees as a new applicant.
-Returned Check Fee: $50.00
5. Upon receipt of the application and fee, your application will be reviewed and additional documentation will be requested if required.
6. The ACCC National Board will review the application and once satisfied, the applicant will be contacted to arrange the certification interview. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom Video Conferencing, or they may be conducted in person at the National Conference held each November.
7. After the interview, the applicant will receive notification of the board’s decision within twenty (20) days. The National Board, at its discretion, may request additional assignments to aid the candidate in a further understanding of chaplaincy. Additional interviews may also be requested at the discretion of the board.
8. The applicant will receive a letter of acceptance along with an invitation to participate in the next annual conference, be recognized by their peers and receive their certificate. Those that do not attend will have the certificate mailed to them within thirty (30) days of the conference.
1 – ACCC will reciprocate current certifications from any national certification bodies who are Member Organizations of the COMISS Network. http://comissnetwork.org/memberorgs.html
2 – Follow the instructions for “New Certification” above.
3 – Submit the documentation as shown in the application instructions.
4 – Submit the appropriate fees as shown above using the payment button at the bottom of this page.
Once your packet and fee are received, your application will be reviewed by the ACCC Certification Board and if approved, you will receive your ACCC certifications. This process may take up to twenty (20) business days.
You may join ACCC as a member without applying for board certification. Membership costs $100 per year and is for the calendar year. Fees are not prorated based on join date. To join, click here, fill out the application in its entirety, and pay your $100 fee.