The application process is as follows:
1. Visit one of the application links below and enter all required information and make your Board Certification Interview payment (see fee schedule below).
2. Gather the required documentation. Please note, you must submit documentation via one of the two links below. Documentation not submitted in its entirety will no longer be accepted.
3. Take the online test with access provided in your application receipt on the page after you hit submit. Results are sent to the administrator automatically.
4. You will be provided a link to take a 25 question, online core competency test which will require a 70% passing grade as part of the certification process. Results will be added to your application automatically. The test consists of 25 questions from a pool of 50. You can take the test an unlimited number of times, but the questions are randomly chosen from the 50 question pool. Rationale for each answer is given after you answer each question whether you answer correctly or incorrectly.
E-Mail: (preferred method): email@example.com;
USPS: 1600 East 14th Street, Sedalia, MO. 65301
4. Fee Schedule:
-Board Certified Chaplain Interview Fee: $400. Your fee includes membership for the balance of the calendar year.
-Board Endorsed Clinical Chaplain, Board Certified Pastoral Counselor, Board Certified Associate Chaplain Fee: $300. Your fee includes membership for the balance of the calendar year
-Board Certification Application Fee: $120 (includes testing fee for all certifications)
-Annual Membership: BCC after 1/14/2020 – $200 (January 1 – December 31)
All other certifications – $100 (January 1 – December 31)
-Dual Board Certification Fee with the Spiritual Care Association: $50 (optional: January 1 – December 31)
-Reinstatement Fee – If your board certification with ACCC expires due to nonpayment (due January 1), you must pay a $35 late fee per year you are expired. Individuals expired for 3 years must reapply for board certification and pay fees as a new applicant.
-Returned Check Fee: $50.00
5. Upon receipt of the application and fee, your application will be reviewed and additional documentation will be requested if required.
6. The ACCC National Board will review the application and once satisfied, the application will move to the “waiting for scheduling” queue. The applicant will be contacted to check availability and to arrange the certification interview, usually the week prior. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom Video Conferencing, or they may be conducted in person at the National Conference held each November.
7. After the interview, the applicant will receive notification of the board’s decision within twenty (20) days. The National Board, at its discretion, may request additional assignments to aid the candidate in a further understanding of chaplaincy. Additional interviews may also be requested at the discretion of the board.
8. The applicant will receive a letter of acceptance along with an invitation to participate in the next annual conference, be recognized by their peers and receive their certificate. Those that do not attend will have the certificate mailed to them within thirty (30) days of the conference.
Membership without Certification
You may join ACCC as a member without applying for board certification. Membership costs $100 per year and is for the calendar year. Fees are not prorated based on join date. To join, click here, fill out the application in its entirety, and pay your $100 fee.